The Call for Nominations is closed
2023-2024 District 10 Officers
Who are we electing?
District Director • Program Quality Director • Club Growth Director
Central Division Director • Eastern Division Director • Northern Division Director
Southern Division Director • Western Division Director
The elections will take place at the District 10 Spring District Council Meeting on May 4, 2023
from 6pm - 9pm via Zoom
Nominate yourself or another District 10 member today!
To apply for a District Leader position:
- Read the District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities sheet.
- Complete a Candidate Application.
- Sign a District Leader Agreement and Release Statement.
- Complete a District Leader Biographical form.
- Download and include the list of Toastmasters offices you have held. Log in at Toastmasters.org > Scroll to "My Education and Achievements" > select "Achievement Board" > select "Offices Held" > select "Print" and save as a .pdf.
- Send items 2-5 to DLC Chair, Tricia Spayer, DTM at firstname.lastname@example.org by February 23, 2023.
Nominate another District 10 member
To nominate a member for a District Leader position:
Once we receive the Candidate Application, the committee will contact the candidate to schedule an interview. All Candidates will be interviewed by at least two members of the District Leadership Committee.
The information here is a brief overview. You will need to review Toastmasters International's election protocols for a complete description.
Any member of District 10 Toastmasters in good standing who meets the criteria of the office for which they apply may run
- At the time of taking office, the District Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, Division Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the Program Quality Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the Club Growth Director must have served at least six consecutive months as Club President and at least 12 consecutive months as a Program Quality Director, a Division Director, an Area Director, or a combination of these.
- At the time of taking office, the Division Director must have served at least six consecutive months as a member of a District Council.
To be nominated or elected, all candidates for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Director must sign the District Leader Agreement and Release Statement published by Toastmasters International, submit a completed Candidate Biography Form and photograph.
Download this District Leader Qualifications and Responsibilities sheet and review the responsibilities for the elected positions.
District 10 elects the following positions:
- District Director
- Program Quality Director
- Club Growth Director
- Division Directors - one for each Division:
- Central Division
- Eastern Division
- Northern Division
- Southern Division
- Western Division
Please see the timeline below
Floor candidates must declare intent to run by no later than April 23, 2023.
Please carefully review Toastmasters International Governing Documents Protocol 9.0 - District Campaigns and Elections, section 11 - Elections.
"For each office, the District Director inquires whether there are additional nominations from the floor.
Floor candidates for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Director who have completed the evaluation process conducted by the DLC are eligible to run from the floor at the Annual Meeting of the District Council, according to Article VII, Section (e), of the District Administrative Bylaws. All eligible floor candidates must declare their intent to run to the District Director at least seven (7) days prior to the elections.
If the DLC report is invalid, candidates for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Director may be nominated as floor candidates without going through the DLC evaluation process.
Floor candidates must be nominated by a member of the District Council. Floor candidates may self-nominate when they are a member of the District Council.
Floor candidates or, in their absence, their representatives state their eligibility qualifications.
Floor candidates for District Director, Program Quality Director, Club Growth Director, and Division Director must declare their intent to run to the District Director and sign the Officer Agreement and Release Statement at least seven (7) days prior to the elections. Only the Officer Agreement and Release Statements of those elected are sent to World Headquarters.
The District Director may declare any proven level-two or -three policy violations by floor candidates to the District Council.
When nominations are complete, the District Director declares the nominations for that office closed."
December 3, 2022 – Call for Candidate Nominations opens
February 23, 2023 – DEADLINE to submit candidate applications to DLC Chair
March 23, 2023 – Deadline to publish nominated candidates on D10 website
April 27, 2023 – Deadline for floor candidates to declare intent to run for office
May 4, 2023 – District Council Meeting - 2023-2024 District Officer Elections
- Election Toolkit – FAQs, DLC information, campaign guidelines, and more
- Protocol 9.0 – District campaign elections, please read very carefully
- District Leader Competencies – skills, knowledge, characteristics, and attributes
- District Leadership Handbook – outlines all District leadership roles
- Campaign Guidelines Video
District Leadership Committee (DLC):
- Chair: Tricia Spayer, DTM
- Northern Division: Deborah Bonner, DTM
- Western Division: Anna Ho, DTM
- Central Division: Craig Gerlock, DTM
- Southern Division: April Ware, CC, CL, MS4
- Eastern Division: Nancy Temple, DTM
Contact Chair Tricia Spayer: email@example.com