“My Favorite Things”
Add your reasons in the comments section!!
When I was a newbie Toastmaster, I heard about the Toastmasters District 10 conference.
I wasn’t completely sold at first. I thought…
- A keynote speech from an accomplished, professional speaker.
- Educational sessions where I could learn skills, hear new information, and further my personal development.
- A bookstore where I could buy cool Toastmasters stuff.
- Lots of people I don’t know.
- And unstructured time with them at breakfast and lunch.
As a inveterate introvert, it was actually tough to make myself go—to be honest, the first few times. As a learning junkie, however, the appeal of the education always won out.
I really enjoy the District 10 conference now. My favorite reasons for going include:
- The people. OMG. Am I really saying this? Well, you all feel like family now. I love catching up with Toastmasters I know and even meeting new Toastmasters I don’t know.
- Keynote speaker. I have enjoyed every single one. I have gotten practical tips, I’ve watched master presenters in action, and I have always been entertained.
- Educational sessions. Yeah, it’s still about the learning for me. Every conference draws a set of knowledgeable Toastmasters who present on a range of super interesting topics. I always learn something useful, including how impressive my fellow Toastmasters are.